I am currently in the process of building a 1/16 scale Russian tank byTrumpeter and I thought that it would be nice to make some tank crew members to go with it. Therefore I fired up my 3d modeling software and designed a tank soldier to print in the same 1/16 scale as my tank.
Apart from some marks that where left by the support structure, the soldier came out looking quite well and with a lot of details. After some sanding and painting I think this soldier will look nice next to the tank.
I put a 1 euro coin next to one the soldier for scale.
Yet another successful print. This time I wanted to test how detailed the Form 2 could print on small objects with black resin V4. Since I am a big fan of anything related to tanks I decided to find a suitable object on Thingiverse.
Below you can find the pictures of the print I made. I put a 1 Euro coin next to the tank for scale. The tank actually has two parts, the main hull and the cupola. As you can see the details came uit very nice but on closer inspection you can see some diagonal striping. I don’t know what the cause is of this since I have not found this issue on other small prints I have made. It might be due the support structure.
I actually lied in my first post because this is the very first print I made with my Form 2 3D printer a couple of weeks ago. I think it comes preloaded with the printer and I printed it to see if I installed everything correctly and if the printer was working properly. I’m not so much of a tie guy myself and I would certainly not wear a tacky self printed tie clip, but the print came out looking quite good.
The edges look rough due to the supports that I printed and didn’t sand or polish afterwards. All in all I am happy with the results and I need to gain some experience in post processing to get a smooth finish and the best results.
This is bust was printed from a scan made by me with my Structure scanner on the iPad. After I made the scan I used Zbrush to clean up the scan. The result is very decent and the lack of very fine detail in the face is due to limitations in the scanning device and software.